Friday, March 13, 2009

Cool Kids Wear Braces at Vardy Orthodontics


Braces today are “cool” and even “fun.” These are among the findings of a new nationwide survey of mothers whose children are having or have had orthodontic treatment. New technologies in treatment, advanced computer software, color options, and even popular celebrities sporting stylish braces are making orthodontic treatment more comfortable, fashionable and cool for today’s youth.

The study, conducted on behalf of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) for February’s National Children’s Dental Health Month, finds 86 percent of mothers reporting that braces are cooler today than when they were children. Sixty-nine percent also said wearing braces makes their children feel cool, and 81 percent reported their children’s experience with orthodontic treatment as either positive or extremely positive.

Different color options and the ability to change colors, for example, provide exciting ways for young patients to customize appearances. That enthusiasm helps them to feel good about their orthodontic treatment, and may contribute to the success of treatment. Give us a call today at Vardy Orthodontics to bring your child in for a consultation and see how braces can improve not only your child's oral health, but their confidence as well.

1 comment:

Vernell said...

Most people think that braces are uncool. But for me it is trendy. I was so hesitant to having dental braces before, but I have to, in order to bring back the proper alignment of my teeth. I was referred to one of the professional dentists in Mount Pleasant. My best friend told me that dentistry Mount Pleasant-based is known for their great dental services. So I really prayed that braces will suit me. When my braces were installed, I was so glad, because it looks cool man! I don't look nerdy with my braces.